Custom glass shower doors may seem like a great idea when remodeling your bathroom, but are they safe? Many people wonder if there is a risk of glass shattering and injuring someone. This post will explore the safety risks of glass shower doors and how you can protect them. Discover here all you need to know!
Are Glass Shower Doors Safe?
The short answer is yes! Glass shower doors are completely safe for use, as most glass shower doors are produced and installed properly! Showers are typically Tempered Safety Glass 5 times stronger than annealed (regular) glass and the safest option for your shower door.
The glass in your glass shower doors is held together with a high-grade silicone adhesive. This silicone bond, when installed properly, will hold the glass in place for years to come! The glass is so durable that most glass manufacturers offer a limited warranty on their glass, about 15 years, depending on the manufacturer and glass type.
How To Protect Your Glass Shower Doors
Your glass shower doors can last for many years with the proper care. However, if they are not properly cared for, they can develop cracks and chips over time. Here are some tips on how to protect your glass shower doors from breaking or cracking:
- Inspect your glass shower doors regularly for any signs of damage. If you see any cracks or chips, it is important to repair them as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
- Avoid using harsh cleaning chemicals on your glass shower doors. These chemicals can strip away the protective coating on the glass and make it more susceptible to damage. Instead, use a mild soap and water solution to clean the doors.
- When opening or closing your glass shower doors, be careful not to slam them shut. This can cause the glass to crack or break.
- Avoid putting excessive pressure on your glass shower doors. This can happen if you lean up against the door while showering or try to force the door open when it is stuck.
- Make sure that your glass shower doors are installed properly. If they are not, they may come loose and fall, which can cause the glass to break.
By following these tips, you can help to protect your glass shower doors from breaking or cracking. If you notice any damage, make sure to repair it as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
Make Them Even Safer By Getting Professionals To Install Them
At C&C Glass we’re the best option for glass shower door repair and installation. With more than 10 years of experience, our team of shower door experts will make amazing and clean work on your new glass shower door. Contact us today if you’d like to learn more about our process, see our previous work, or schedule an appointment!
We’re the go-to for shower doors in Hudson Valley!