Customized painted glass projects are ideal for letting you add your special touch to them. They’re also excellent if you’re looking for a unique gift or even if you’re interested in adding to your home decor.
Painted glass designs can transform plain window panes into accent pieces for any room in your home. From custom cabinet doors to glass vases, painted glass is one of the quickest and easiest updates you can do to any surface. You have to decide on the type of glass you want, what color paint, and then the design or pattern you would like to use. Keep reading to start your new painted glass project.
Properly Take Care Of Your Customized Painted Glass
- The first thing you will want to do is make sure that the painted glass item is made with tempered glass. This glass can handle heat and cold without breaking or cracking due to its roughened surface.
- You should then make sure to clean the painted glass regularly with a slightly damp cloth. This will help ensure that any dirt or dust is removed before it has the chance to scratch the painted glass. If you wipe too hard while cleaning, this can remove some of the paint.
- Don’t place the painted glass in direct sunlight or use it near a heat source. This can cause some of the paint to fade.
- Once your painted glass is done, make sure to take care of it by keeping it out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources. This will ensure your customized painted glass lasts for years to come.
- Impress your guests with a stained glass mirror that adds a hint of whimsy and color to any space. The thin lines over the vibrant teal create a stunning focal point and add some glimmer to the room.
- Adding a thin, circular border adds a touch of sophistication to any windowpane. You can also custom paint these gold edges for an added personal touch!
- Painted windows can also do double duty by functioning as artwork when the panes are covered.
- If you’re short on space, consider painting glass drawer fronts instead of doors! This fresh update will beautify dressers in any room without taking up too much visual space.
Have Unique Custom Glass Doors Installed in Your Home Today!
Painted glass isn’t just limited to shower doors. It can also be applied to commercial projects in bars, closet doors, furniture, showers, bathroom walls, and everywhere in between. Painted glass also goes through a two-coat system that contains durable, heat-cured paint – making your design last forever. At C&C Glass, we can bring your painted glass art idea to life and stop searching for “glass company near me.” Call us!