Shower Door Upkeep In Simple Steps
Your shower is a key part of your bathroom. It’s where you wash away the dirt, grime, and sweat from your day so you can become clean and fresh for when it’s time to go to bed. However, your shower can become icky after a while.
Soap scum collects around the panes of glass that separate you from an icky shower floor. That soap scum becomes a magnet for dirt and bacteria over time, making the whole shower grosser than it was when you first stepped in.
The most important part of shower maintenance is keeping your glass shower doors clean. Here are a few shower door cleaning tips that will prevent soap scum from building up on your glass shower doors. Read on.
Best Way To Clean Glass Shower Doors
- If the dirt build-up looks bad, you’ll have to get tougher tools or chemicals that are specially made for shower doors. If you prefer to use chemical cleaners, make sure you follow the usage instructions correctly and never mix household cleaners with chemicals made for shower glass. This might end up in a bad accident.
- Believe it or not, a toothbrush is one of the best ways to clean glass shower doors, as it gets into those dirty corners and also brushes out small, costly stains.
- If you don’t want to apply chemicals or a toothbrush, you can also clean the glass shower door with a 3M scrubbing pad. It’s safe on most surfaces and will help you clean shower doors.
- Spray a vinegar mixture and water on the glass shower door to reduce soap scum. Be careful when choosing the strength of the mixture, though, since this might damage your shower surface if not done properly.
- Once you’re done cleaning the shower, make sure to dry the glass properly with a soft towel. Know more about how to clean glass shower doors here.
Keep Your Glass Shower Doors Shining 24/7
At C&C Glass, we use an advanced method that cleans and restores your shower door to make it look brand new again. We then finish the process with a fresh protective glass coating to keep your door looking clean and unused and always provide shower door cleaning tips so stays clean longer, before we go back to your house. Get the best deal with us – Contact us!