Like all components of your home, your house windows can become damaged over time. And, to keep your windows and home functioning efficiently, this damage will need to be repaired sooner rather than later. Of course, this requires homeowners to be able to promptly identify the signs of window damage, which can be challenging—especially if you don’t know what to look for.
To help homeowners better identify window damage so that prompt repair services can be obtained, we’ve compiled a list of the top 5 signs your windows need repair.
5 Signs of Window Damage to Look For
We provide our customers with shower doors that are made specifically to suit their individual bathrooms. We make it easy to craft the ideal shower door for your needs, with a multitude of options for its:
- Insulation failure – Are you feeling cold drafts or excessive heat around your windows? If so, they are likely experiencing insulation failure and need to be repaired. Rising energy costs can also be a sign of insulation failure, as your HVAC system will need to work harder to keep your home at a comfortable, consistent temperature.
- Water damage – Mold or water damage inside your home is a telltale sign that your windows are damaged and need to be repaired. This needs to be addressed as quickly as possible before your damaged windows can cause even more damage to your home.
- Noise infiltration – Another sign of window damage is if you can clearly hear outdoor noises inside your home. This can be another sign that your window’s seals are failing.
- Fog – Foggy windows occur when there’s a broken seal between two panes of glass, allowing moisture to get in between the glass. This can negatively impact the energy efficiency of your home by allowing heat to enter in the winter and escape in the summer. A repair for foggy windows involves replacing the glass.
- Difficulty operating – If your windows have become difficult to open and close, you may be in need of a window repair. This type of damage is especially common in older windows where there’s damage to the mechanisms or the frames have become warped.
If you notice any of the above signs of window damage, you’ll want to promptly call a window repair company so that your windows can be fixed before the damage progresses and requires a full window replacement.
What to Do if You Need a Window Repair
Are you seeing these signs of damage in your home’s windows? If so, the experts at C&C Glass can provide you with the dependable window repair services you need. We are highly experienced in repairing all sorts of window glass damage, and we’ve earned a great reputation thanks to the top-notch craftsmanship and customer service we provide to our customers. Are you ready to get started on your window repair project? Contact the window experts at C&C Glass today for more information or to schedule your consultation with a member of our team.